Vancouver Island Conference Centre
Nanaimo, BC - Convention Center
- Complete Venue Management Services
- 38,000 square feet of meeting space
- 4 separate ballrooms spaces afford flexibility in size
- One contiguous Grand Ballroom 13,684 square feet
- Conference level capacity 1480
- 9 breakout or meeting rooms
- 2 board rooms
- 2 reception lobbies
- 200 tiered seating
"From the early planning stages 2 years before the conference to the closing banquet, the service from the VICC was top notch! Delegates were extremely impressed with the wide variety and local inspired menus, the ease of the room flips and the onsite and off-site venues Nanaimo had to offer! This conference location will be hard to beat." - Keeley Shaff, National Conference Director, Canadian Nursing Students Association Annual Conference
“The BC Nurse Practitioner Association held our annual 3-day conference at VICC in 2017. It was such a great experience that we returned for 2018 - what better recommendation is that! The venue is stunning and suited our needs with the beautiful lobby, ballrooms, breakout rooms, as well as excellent internal catering and audio visual services. Thank you to VICC staff for the care and attention taken to ensure our event was a resounding success 2 years in a row!” - Brenda Ingram, Conference Coordinator, BC Nurse Practitioners Conference
“Delegates and exhibitors alike raved about the layout of the Vancouver Island Conference Centre (VICC), noting how easy it was to navigate to and from the numerous sessions and workshops. Exhibitors were happy that there was good flow of people past their booths, even during the sessions. We were pleased by the flexibility of the facility’s spaces - the Shaw Lobby was used for a networking reception on the first evening and then was transformed into a yoga and meditation space the next day. The VICC’s prime location in the downtown core is very walkable, allowing attendees to visit the waterfront, do some shopping, or check out a nearby cafe. Many delegates voiced their happiness about the venue to organizers and we’re very pleased that the conference was so well received in Nanaimo.” - Michelle Baysan, Conference Coordinator, BC Rural Health Conference:
Notable Venue Information
- Kryon International Science & Spirituality Conference (KISSC) June 2018. 1300+ delegates daily for 7 days. KISSC produced $3,000,000 in economic impact for the city and region.
- Recipient of Spectra Transformation of the Year 2019.
- Reduced City's investment in the centre by an average 17% annually. While increasing positive economic impact by an average 33% annually.